Health Anxiety and Solutions
It is always important to take care of yourself, adhering to all the principles of good health. Regular check-ups, good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle allow a person to remain healthy in a reasonable but reasonable way. Often people are overly concerned about health problems and find themselves drawn into a cycle of health problems. The health problem is solved when it is immediately replaced by another. Over time, these fears become global and debilitating.
After all, a person realizes that this cycle of health anxiety has affected the quality of his life. This obsessive form of fear, which still hangs over everyday life, must be combated. You start by figuring out why this is happening, what it’s for, and how to stop it.
Cause for health concern
In fact, health problems serve a purpose, and this goal is easy to detect if it is sufficient to study this pattern of behavior. Often this pattern involves distracting the brain from certain emotions that a person is difficult to cope with.
Many emotions, such as anger, sadness, or fear, are so overwhelming that the brain is looking for ways to distract itself. Health concerns are good, because when a person is deeply concerned about their health, there is little room to cope with disturbing emotions.
Health problems cover all other thoughts, and it works. It’s the perfect distraction from disturbing emotions. When one concern is reconciled, another arises to mask the raw emotion. Any health problem has a serious purpose, because it masks real destructive emotions, which are much more difficult to fight in the long run.
- Recognizing and acknowledging the habit of worrying about one’s health, one problem quickly follows another in a noticeable loop that never ends. Awareness of this cycle is always the first step to solving the problem.
- Determine whether these health problems are a real physical problem by consulting a doctor and rule out a clear physical cause of the problem. Always rule out a physical cause before assuming that it is just a health concern.
Note that these health problems disappear when you are very interested in another topic or find yourself in a new relationship, a new job, or a new goal.
- Identify your models. Do you experience changes in symptoms that often move from one part of your body to another? Do you notice that you overestimate physical intruders and immediately conclude that they are dangerous or deserve attention and warning?
- Find areas of interest that affect your entire being. Immerse yourself in things that leave little time for inner reflection. A real disease does not manifest itself through boredom like this behavior. Real health problems usually do not coincide with health fears. Health problems are stronger in times of boredom and when people are not interested. The intelligent wise needs tasks and goals.
- Activity is an important therapeutic tool against health problems. Movement and movement positively stimulate and stimulate the body and mind. Endorphins are released and serotonin levels naturally increase when activity is part of everyday life. Moderate walking, jogging, tennis, swimming and dancing are all useful activities that give positive results.
Nutrition is also important for good health, which in itself helps to get rid of the strong habit of negative thinking, which is often associated with health problems. With proper nutrition, serotonin levels rise naturally and blood sugar levels remain stable. It helps to calm the overly reactive mind, which reduces health-related anxiety.
- Talk to the brain, convincingly ordering it to stop when health problems come to mind. Move on to more positive thinking because you always have a choice of what to think about.
When the negative thoughts go away, the mind will calm down. The brain, caught in such behavior red-handed, instantly comes into an awkward position, interrupting this cycle of negative thoughts. It’s like a kid getting his hand in a cookie jar. The shyness of being caught stops this intrusive behavior.